Monday, September 7, 2015

It's time. What do you wanna be?


Hi guys! How've y'all been?
It's been.. more than a year since I've blogged.

Life's been busy as usual, but Thank God extremely fulfilling.
For those who know me, their impression of me is that I'm always busy, at times MIA, preoccupied with a thousand and one things. Which is true, no doubt, I honestly like the feeling of keeping myself busy, waking up with things to do, instead of waking up and lazing around the house, rolling from one corner to the other without a purpose or agenda.
I dislike the feeling of going to bed thinking about my day and how I wasted it, not how I spent it.
Workaholic? Maybe. But that feeling of ending each day with a satisfied smile knowing that the day has been used well accomplishing many things is just. :)

The reality of growing up is starting to hit me more and more each day.
Thinking about career paths, thinking about the future, all these seemed surreal to me and it was not so long ago when I simply waved it off saying I'll think more about it when I'm older.
And guess what? That time is now.
It's scary really.
Looking at the people around you who initially drifted around without a clear goal suddenly on the fast track towards achieving that perfect career, getting involved with lots of academic activities and just going all out for that multi million dollar path in the future.

And then there's me.

I used to have many dreams as to what I want to be when I grow up.
Actress, Director, Talkshow Host, Vet, Entrepreneur, yea we've all been there.

But as you start to experience life, you'll come to realize that life's not always a bed of roses. The dream you set out working towards may not always be the one you'll stick to at the end.
Dreams change, people change.

No matter how many times people may say that I'll always be me, my dream will never change, things always happen, environment changes, dreams change. Change.


My dream. I've never imagined myself to be someone stuck to a stable 9 to 5 job desk bound. I've always been quite clear about the jobs I know I will Never (with a Capital N) wanna take up.
But I guess now it's time for me to be clear about the jobs I will WANT to go for.

Expectations. The difficulty of having to deal with different expectations of people and society. The ideal job I may have in mind for myself may just leave those around me speechless, sitting me down and urging me to think carefully once again.

What if I don't yearn for a job that will ensure I live a comfortable life that pays well?
What if I don't yearn for a job that has anything to do with business even though I'm currently studying a business course and I'm even thinking of doing a double major in it?

I just want a job that I will truly have passion to work hard for.
I just want a job that will make me feel more energized each day, not the contrary.
I just want a job that has a purpose.

Maybe I already know what I wish to be.
But I'm just not telling.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo God, you'll lead me won't you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wanna be the very best like no one ever was